Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Before proceeding, please ensure that you have a reliable computer with a reliable internet connection. Your application must be complete in order to be considered. Applications that are submitted with blank answers, or those who do not have enough shifts selected, will be deleted because they are incomplete.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with canfitpro. We are looking forward to another great event in 2018. Please ensure that you have read all of the following information carefully as the application process for volunteering has been updated.
Please note: that if shifts do not appear after the information below, then all of the shifts for that role have been filled. Please keep checking this website for cancellations. We will not be maintaining a wait list so the availability is first come, first serve via this online process.
For more information regarding the canfitpro world fitness expo please check out: http://worldfitnessexpo.com/
* Friendly, enthusiastic and able to take initiative
* Able to fulfill entire volunteer shifts assigned
* Strong team player who can also work with minimal supervision
* Be a minimum of 18 years of age
* Be available to volunteer for 3 shifts
* Read and understand your job description, volunteer manual and all email communication
As a canfitpro volunteer you are entitled to the following benefits:
* FREE (1) one year Professional Membership to canfitpro ($98 value; not to exceed 12 months; includes all canfitpro Professional Membership benefits with the exception of printed copies of the canfitpro Magazine. You will receive electronic versions for the duration of the complimentary Membership in your Interactive Account)
* FREE volunteer t-shirt
* FREE admittance to Event sessions on a stand-by basis when NOT on shift
* Earn canfitpro Continuing Education Credits (CECs), while you are not on shift
* Experience the Event from behind the scenes
* Networking opportunities to work and learn with other fitness enthusiasts, just like you!
* Reference letter for future job hunting (given upon request)
We have started to implement Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act Training into our Volunteer training. The purpose of the AODA is to develop, implement and enforce standards for accessibility related to goods, services, facilities, employment, accommodation and buildings. The target date for reaching this goal is no later than January 1, 2025. Before proceeding to the online application, please click on the following link to access the training: http://accessforward.ca/customerService/ You will need approximately 20 minutes complete the Ontarians with Disability Act training. There is a short quiz on this material as part of the application process. Please ensure that you give yourself enough time for successful completion of the application process. You are required to complete all parts of the application process in order to move onto the application approval process.
VOLUNTEER SHIFTS SELECTION
* You may sign up for either one shift on Wednesday or one shift on Thursday, but you cannot have shifts on both days. If you sign up for shifts on both days, your application will not be approved.
* Please pay attention to the shifts you are signing up for and ensure that you have checked your local bus/train and traffic schedules to confirm that you are able to arrive on time for the shifts that you are signing up for.
* Please do not sign up for shifts that you cannot fulfill. I cannot change the shift times. If you cannot work the full time frame of a shift, please pick another job/shift (i.e.: if you cannot be onsite at 5:00 a.m., do not sign up for that shift).
* Only shifts with availability will be visible in this system. Shifts that are full will not be visible.
* If you need to cancel your shifts, please do so ASAP to open availability for other Volunteers.
* You must complete 3 full shifts in order to qualify for Volunteer benefits which are listed above. If you are unable to find 3 shifts, we can assign you additional shifts.
* You must be flexible while you volunteer and may be required to complete a shift in a role other than the one you have applied for.
* If the job or shift that you want is not below, that means that it is not available. I will not be maintaining a wait list this year. Please keep monitoring this site for cancellations.
* Please note that the jobs and shifts you are signing up for are subject to change. If changes are necessary, you will be notified immediately via email.
CECS and canfitpro MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
If you are a current certified member of canfitpro, your Membership must be renewed in conjunction with your re-certification due date. If this date is going to arrive BEFORE the conference occurs, all requirements must be met by your due date. If not, the extension fee will apply ($20 within one month).
* renew your Professional canfitpro Membership ($78 plus tax)
* earn 4 Continuing Education Credits (CECs)
* send us a minimum CPR A certificate issued within the last year
Any Member expiring BEFORE the canfitpro world fitness expo must pay to renew their Membership. The complimentary Membership will be added afterwards, and your Membership will be validated for an additional year. Please contact our Customer Relations Team if you would like to confirm the information we have on file for you: 1-800-667-5622 or email@example.com.
ATTENDANCE IN SESSIONS
A major benefit of volunteering for a canfitpro event is the free access to educational sessions. These sessions are available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday ONLY. You cannot pre-register for sessions. As a Volunteer you will be on Stand-By for all sessions you would like to attend while not on shift. Please ensure that when you attend a session, that the Delegate barcode on your name badge is scanned so that you will be awarded CECs for your attendance to that session. You cannot attend sessions nor are you eligible for CECs while you are on shift. Volunteers can register for any Intensives at the lowest Member Delegate rate, under the assumption that you fulfill your Volunteer commitment.
Please keep your confirmation email. Once you are approved for your shift, the information in your VolunteerLocal confirmation email give you a link that allows YOU to change or cancel your shifts.
IMPORTANT: This application is not approved until you receive direct communication from the Volunteer Coordinator that your application has been approved. All applications are subject to an approval process. Approval is based on your qualifications, quiz results, interest and past performance as a Volunteer at our Events. Please ensure that you take the time to fill out the application completely. Please allow (2) two weeks for a response to your application.